Forensic Accounting NYC
Forensic Investigations & Litigation Support
Our forensic and investigative accountants experts roll up their sleeves and dig deep to disclose the less obvious and hidden aspects of financial matters. We decipher and uncover transactions and personnel activities that may have intentionally or unintentionally adversely affected an individual, business, or organization. Our findings’ clarity and credibility provide our clients with the evidence needed to pursue the truth. This process can employ one or more of the following techniques:
- Review of public records
- Background investigations
- Interviews of knowledgeable parties
- Analysis of physical evidence to identify possible forgery and/or document alterations
- Surveillance and inspection of business premises
- Analysis of individual financial transactions or statements
- Review of business records to identify fictitious vendors, employees, and/or business activities
What We Can Help You With
The role of our New York City forensic accounting team varies by project, circumstance, and purpose. We can help you with business transaction investigations, tax investigations, economic crime investigations, terrorist investigations, civil litigation support, and specialized audits. In divorce cases, we assist attorneys in identifying missing assets, transfers of funds, underreporting of sales and income, and dissipation of marital assets.
Key Issues in Forensic Investigations
- Examine a specific transaction or group of transactions.
- Identify possible off-balance sheets or hidden assets.
- Detect possible fraud by applying analytical tools and techniques.